What Love Language Do You Speak?
Love is the foundation of any relationship but love is not enough to keep a relationship, it’s one thing to fall in love & its another thing to stay in love.
Keeping your relationship fresh is the challenge. To build a long lasting relationship, both parties have to be intentional about it, they have to be committed, they have to be on the same page.
Relationship grow better when both parties understand each other, understanding is the key to a long lasting relationship.
Love language is the way we express our feelings of love toward someone we love, it’s how we receive love from others & how we give love to others.
Types Of love Language
According to Gary Chapman, there are 5 love languages (words of affirmation, quality time, receiving gifts, physical touch & Acts of service).
1. Words Of Affirmation– These are verbal expression of care and affection.
This language expresses love with words that build up your partner.
Verbal compliments don’t have to be complicated; the shortest praises can be the most effective.
example; “I love your hair”
2. Acts of Service – This language is more of action, its anything you do to ease the burden of your partner, it’s about doing something for your partner that you know they would like. E.g Cooking a meal, washing dishes are all Acts of Service.
3. Quality Time – If this is your partner language, giving your partner undivided attention will be appreciated.
Spending time with your partner, paying attention to each other, sharing something meaningful together, listening and communicating, taking a walk together are examples of quality time.
4. Physical Touch –People who speak this love language thrive on any type of physical touch: hand holding, hugging, kissing are all expressions of physical touch.
5. Receiving Gifts – A meaning & thoughtful gift will make your partner feel loved & appreciated.
A gift shows how much you love & care about the person, Such people do not necessarily require expensive gifts. They’d love meaningful ones more.
Not everyone expresses their love in the same way, being aware of the different love languages help you understand your relationship better.