Methodology Of Weak Students
Every individual is unique with different IQ levels. Some students have the capability of grabbing fast and memorize for long. Others have less picking capacity. In a school, both the active and weak students study.
Educators are supposed to take care of each and everybody as per their specific needs. Weak students or slow learners require extra attention. Punishing a weak student won’t provide the necessary solution. The following methodology can help.
Educators! The more you think about a particular students’ flaws and strengths, the more you will be able to guide him/her in the right way. Understand the core problem. It may be anything like friends, family, society, food, health or personal condition. Think!
2. Psychological Analysis
Academic pressure can lead to mental disorders in students. Proper investigation will surely help to get the reason behind the less concentration on the studies.
3. Individual Teaching
Many times, it has been observed that weak students are unable to understand a lesson correctly because he/she has failed to grasp the previous lesson. Individual teaching can help in this regard.
Scolding and harsh punishment may discourage a weak child. He may get scared of sharing his problems. Therefore, find the vulnerable students’ strength and utter encouraging words for him/her. Confidence is the keyword. It will make him/her feel his worth and importance.
Note: In case you are tutoring a child with special needs, proper education is important. Courses like dyslexia management, speech-language therapy, etc. thus, become very important.
5. Timetable For Weak Students
Make a proper timetable for the weak student. Students are not matured. They make mistakes by not following the goal to study well and earn good grades. Teachers can help them in dividing the given time into various slots for completing each topic, revise and give exams. Doing the appropriate thing at the proper time can achieve the goal.
We all forget things and incidents. Some of us forget more than others. Similarly, forgetful students should be taken extra care so that they can recall and don’t lose their confidence. Repeated revision of the same chapter, answering questions on the same topic over and over again can solve the problem. Regular worksheets can help.
7. Personal training
It’s quite evident that good students will do well. So, the educators usually concentrate more on the healthy students in the class. But, one must look after the weaks as well as they need personal preference from the tutors. Pleasant and polite behavior with individual care can boost the confidence and willpower, and the not so good students can come up with excellent grades in the future.
8. No teasing
Mocking weak students in front of the whole class can demotivate them. Then, the above average students will bully the not- so- brilliant ones that shatter them from inside. The educators must encourage equality and friendship among all the students in the class. Click here how Thomas Edison overcomes her failures
- Weak students can be categorized into several sections:
- ADD/ADHD (Attention Deficit/ Hyper Activity Disorder)
- Behaviorally challenging child
- Slow Learner
- Differential learner
- Student with special needs
- Gifted student
Whatever the condition and situation of the student may be, follow these magic tips for bringing out the best from the weak students:
- Keep and maintain eye contact
- Make use of manipulatives
- Be patient
- Be understanding
- Update the parents with the latest information
- Get support from doctors, psychiatrists, educators who have undergone special training for teaching slow learners and special children, parents, internet, etc. Keep the consistency intact in your approach, expectations, and rules.
- Talk friendly with the students
- Teach the students to get organized
- Add creativity to the lessons you teach
- Reward the child for his/her achievements
- Upgrade yourself to the latest training methods and cure. What could be more joyous than to see every student is shining bright with pretty smiles on their faces?
- In conclusion, a classroom consists of the collection of little faces: some are curious, some are distracting, and some are struggling. It’s necessary to treat all of them with equal love and care along with little extra attention to those who find hard to cope with the toppers.